LATEST

Saturday, July 11, 2020

RELIGIOUS MOVEMENT - BUDDHISM AND JAINISM MCQS SET 17

RELIGIOUS MOVEMENT - BUDDHISM AND JAINISM MCQS SET 17

161) In Buddhism, what does Pattimokkha stand for?
A) A description of Mahayana Buddhism
B) A description of Hinayana Buddhism
C) The rules of the Sangha
D) The questions of king Menander
Answer: The rules of the Sangha
   
162) Consider the following kings
1. Ajatashatru 2. Bimbisara 3. Prasenjit
Which of was/were the contemporary/contemporaries of Gautam Buddha?
A) Only 1
B) 2 and 3
C) 1 and 3
D) All of these
Answer: All of these
   
163) Mahamastakabhisheka, a great religious event, is associated with which of the following?
A) Bahubali
B) Buddha
C) Mahavir
D) Nataraja
Answer: Bahubali
   
164) The Jainas believe that Jainism is the outcome of the teachings of twenty four Tirthankaras in the light of this statement which one among the following is correct of Vardhamana Mahavira?
A) He was the first Tirthankara and the founder of Jainism
B) He was the twenty third Tirthankara the first twenty two Tirthankaras being considerd legendary
C) He was the last and twenty fourth Tirthankara, who was not considered as the founder of the new faith but a reformer of the existing religious sect
D) He was not one of the twenty four Tirthankaras
Answer: He was the last and twenty fourth Tirthankara, who was not considered as the founder of the new faith but a reformer of the existing religious sect
   
165) Who among the following was associatd with the formulation of the basic Ideas of Mahajana Buddhism?
A) Nagarjuna
B) Kashyapa Matanga
C) Menander
D) Kanishka
Answer: Nagarjuna

166) Statement I There was great exodus of Jaina monks under the leadership of Bhadrabahu to the Deccan following severe famine in the Ganga Valley towards the end of Chandragupta”s reign.
Statement II Chandragupta Maurya joined the Jain order as a monk.
The above question consist of two statements, Statement 1 and Statement II. You are to examine these two statements carefully and select the answer to these questions using the codes given below
A) Both the statements are true and Statement II is the correct explanation of Statement I
B) Both the statements are true, but Statement II is not the correct explanation of Statement I “
C) Statement I is true, but Statement II is false
D) Statement I is false, but Statement II is true
Answer: Both the statements are true, but Statement II is not the correct explanation of Statement I
   
167) Statement I Mahavira initially joined a group of ascetics called Nirgranthas.
Statement II The sect was founded 200 years earlier by Parsva.
The above question consist of two statements, Statement 1 and Statement II. You are to examine these two statements carefully and select the answer to these questions using the codes given below
A) Both the statements are true and Statement II is the correct explanation of Statement I
B) Both the statements are true, but Statement II is not the correct explanation of Statement I “
C) Statement I is true, but Statement II is false
D) Statement I is false, but Statement II is true
Answer: Both the statements are true, but Statement II is not the correct explanation of Statement I
   
168) Statement I Lomash Rishi and Sudama caves in the Barabar Hills, modelled on wooden architectural prototypes, are examples of the earliest cave architecture in India.
Statement II Barabar Hills caves were dedicated by Chandragupta Maurva to Ajivika monks.
The above question consist of two statements, Statement 1 and Statement II. You are to examine these two statements carefully and select the answer to these questions using the codes given below
A) Both the statements are true and Statement II is the correct explanation of Statement I
B) Both the statements are true, but Statement II is not the correct explanation of Statement I
C) Statement I is true, but Statement II is false
D) Statement I is false, but Statement II is true
Answer: Both the statements are true, but Statement II is not the correct explanation of Statement I

No comments:

Post a Comment